This is a blog for the strong, the determined, the wild. In the past ten years more than 100 have joined the triBE on a journey to BE strong, to BE fierce, to BE triathletes. We are dedicated to the belief that anyone can BE a triathlete and support each other in every endeavor. Our team members are all sizes, speeds, and ages. This is our story.

"When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more." ~Florence Griffith Joyner

If this isn't enough you can read more from me here: http://debcostello.blogspot.com/



Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sweet Dreams


Yesterday I left work early and went to home to take a nap.  I told some people and they were jealous...  seriously envious.  I climbed into bed and went down for two hours.  TWO HOURS!  I set an alarm so I could get up and do carpool.  I thought I would pay last night and be unable to sleep.  Not so.  Went down like a stone and slept seven more.  Wow...

I have sleep issues.  I wake up in the middle of the night often and have trouble going back to sleep.  Stress at work sometimes adds to this issue.  There's nothing wrong with me physically and this is a pretty common occurrence in women my age, so I'm not worried.  I'm just tired. 

Really tired.

I'm trying to get to the point where I am fit enough to push myself hard for 4+ hours.  It will mean I am ready for that aquabike race in March...  1.2 mile swim, 56 on the bike.

I have the ability to do about two hours of really hard labor in me now.  After that I can keep going, but I'm pretty worthless.  I am positive that I'll have a better shot at this if I can get more sleep.  Maybe that means one day a week I skip my workout after school and go home for a nap.  Sounds like heaven, but will it work? 

Is this an actual plan or am I just kidding myself?  I welcome your thoughts. 

Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. I truly agree with you. The little baby provides really a short time span of sleeping. Yes, sometimes breastfeeding

    ReplyDelete