This is a blog for the strong, the determined, the wild. In the past ten years more than 100 have joined the triBE on a journey to BE strong, to BE fierce, to BE triathletes. We are dedicated to the belief that anyone can BE a triathlete and support each other in every endeavor. Our team members are all sizes, speeds, and ages. This is our story.

"When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more." ~Florence Griffith Joyner

If this isn't enough you can read more from me here: http://debcostello.blogspot.com/



Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's in the Cards

Lots of teammates have told me they are travelling in the last couple of weeks and last week I too was on the road, staying in a hotel with no gym.  I remembered a workout my former trainer Amy Gutierrez had given me called the Deck of Cards workout. I couldn’t find hers, so I googled it and there are lots out there, but they were BORING, just 4 exercises, one for each suit.  What I loved about Amy’s workout was that instead to just four exercises, there were lots of different exercises, so greater variety and frankly, fewer burpees.  
 
The cool part is you need no equipment except for the desk chair in your room.  You can go at your own pace and choose your length of time or work your way through the entire deck.  You pick a card and find it on the chart.  The number of reps is the value of the card, the exercise is listed on the chart


Click on each exercise below to see an explanation with variations so you can tailor the difficulty to your fitness level.  Swap out anything that looks or feels too difficult and work your way up.  The whole mess is good strength training and cardio, plus some fun…  Good luck!
 
Excuses are merely the nails used to build a house of failure. ~ Habeeb Akanda  

No comments:

Post a Comment